NTD News: On Mother’s Day in Shanghai, Chinese authorities forcibly separated a mother from her son. An expert breaks down why Beijing is sticking to its “Zero COVID-19” policy.
Are China’s food shortages primed to get worse? In some regions, farmers are getting banned from working their fields. Instead, they’re forced to stay at home. Continue reading “China – Farmers Forbidden From Farming Under Lockdown, [VIDEO]”
Rep. Kevin McCarthy wants to set up a special committee to investigate China, including the true origins of Covid and allegations the Bidens made millions from deals with Beijing – if the GOP wins a Congress majority in 2022. Continue reading “USA – Congressman Kevin McCarthy wants “China Committee” to Probe Covid Origins & Bidens’ Beijing Bonus – [VIDEO]”
Bill Gates wished everyone in China a very happy Lunar New Year and praised the country’s response to the pandemic in a video released on Sina Weibo.
Xi’an has started spraying the city to fight an outbreak of Delta infections that forced its 13 million residents into lockdown. (Bloomberg)
Authorities are spraying disinfectants across the city and have requested residents close their windows and avoid touching surfaces.
Daily infections have spiked to around 150 for the city on Monday. A fourth round of mass testing is expected to reveal more.
China has made anal COVID-19 swabs mandatory for all foreign travelers arriving in the country, a report said Wednesday.
The government has claimed that such tests provides a higher degree of accuracy than other screening methods for the virus, the Times UK reported.
As part of the new travel requirement, there will be testing hubs in Beijing and Shanghai airports, the outlet reported.
Li Tongzeng, a respiratory disease medic, said that the anal swabs are better because virus traces stay longer in fecal samples than they do in the nose or throat, state media reported.
A leaked document from China indicates that Chinese top leaders issued instructions within internal circles on the handling of COVID-19 in mid-January. This was several days before the authorities announced the epidemic to the public. It serves as another piece in the growing pile of evidence that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) covered up the virus outbreak at the early stage.
Tuesday, Feb. 16 (Tokyo time)
4:30 a.m. An estimated 1,000 people might have been infected with the coronavirus in Wuhan during December 2019, suggesting a much larger early outbreak in the city than previously thought, according to an World Health Organization investigator.
The lead investigator for the WHO mission, Peter Ben Embarek, has told CNN that the mission found signs of a more wide-ranging 2019 spread, including evidence that over a dozen strains of the virus were in Wuhan already in December.
Embarek added that Chinese scientists presented the team with 174 coronavirus cases in and around Wuhan in December 2019. This larger number of likely severe cases that had been noticed by Chinese doctors early on meant the disease could have hit 1,000 or more people in Wuhan that December, he said.
An Australian virus expert who recently travelled to China to investigate the coronavirus pandemic is convinced it originated there.
NSW Health infectious diseases expert Professor Dominic Dwyer was part of the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) 14-strong virus investigation team which visited Wuhan for two weeks to study the outbreak’s source.
Officials withhold personalized information on patients that could help determine pandemic’s origins
BEIJING—Chinese authorities refused to provide World Health Organization investigators with raw, personalized data on early Covid-19 cases that could help them determine how and when the coronavirus first began to spread in China, according to WHO investigators who described heated exchanges over the lack of detail.
The Chinese authorities turned down requests to provide such data on 174 cases of Covid-19 that they have identified from the early phase of the outbreak in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019. The investigators are part of a WHO team that this week completed a monthlong mission in China aimed at determining the origins of the pandemic.
AIPEI (Taiwan News) — A geneticist investigating the origins of the Wuhan coronavirus pandemic has debunked China’s claims that the outbreak may have started with frozen food.
After carrying out an investigation into the origins of the COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan over the course of a month, two weeks of which was spent in quarantine, the World Health Organization (WHO) echoed findings by China’s National Health Commission. The only definitive conclusion of the study was that the virus’ origin remains unknown and more research is needed.
The WHO posited that there are four possible explanations for the start of the pandemic: a direct jump from animal to human, introduction through an intermediate host, transmission through frozen food, and a lab-related accident. Although high-risk gain of function experiments with bat coronavirus chimeras were being carried out on humanized mice at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) in 2019, the possibility of a lab leak was listed as “extremely unlikely” and will not be subject to further study.
Full Story: https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4125464