An American Delta Air Lines flight turned back to Seattle in midair due to the new COVID-19 rule that China’s Shanghai airport launched, the airline stated on Dec. 27.
A Delta staff member told The Epoch Times on Dec. 26 that “China’s arbitrary and unreasonable pandemic prevention policy not only sets an insurmountable threshold for Chinese passengers who are eager to go home, but is also unbearable for foreign airlines.”
A leaked document from China indicates that Chinese top leaders issued instructions within internal circles on the handling of COVID-19 in mid-January. This was several days before the authorities announced the epidemic to the public. It serves as another piece in the growing pile of evidence that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) covered up the virus outbreak at the early stage.
Chinese government figures showing the absence of more than 150,000 elderly people from the list of those given state subsidy payments in the first quarter of 2020 could point to a far greater COVID-19-linked death toll than previously reported in the country, analysts told RFA.
Data released by the civil affairs department in the central province of Hubei, where the Hubei first emerged in December 2019, showed that around 150,000 names had “disappeared” from the list of recipients in the first three months of 2020, as COVID-19 tore through the provincial capital Wuhan and surrounding areas, sparking a provincial lockdown.
The subsidy is a payment handed out to people over 80 across the province who are experiencing financial hardship.
An Australian member of the WHO team that visited the Chinese city of Wuhan to investigate the origin of the coronavirus says China did not provide them with some key data.
NHK interviewed University of Sydney Professor Dominic Dwyer on Monday.
Dwyer said the team was interested in the first 174 cases that were reported in the city in December 2019.
He said that the Chinese side did provide all the aggregated data, but the team was interested in going deeper into that data. He added they didn’t supply it during the four-week period of investigation.
4:30 a.m. An estimated 1,000 people might have been infected with the coronavirus in Wuhan during December 2019, suggesting a much larger early outbreak in the city than previously thought, according to an World Health Organization investigator.
The lead investigator for the WHO mission, Peter Ben Embarek, has told CNN that the mission found signs of a more wide-ranging 2019 spread, including evidence that over a dozen strains of the virus were in Wuhan already in December.
Embarek added that Chinese scientists presented the team with 174 coronavirus cases in and around Wuhan in December 2019. This larger number of likely severe cases that had been noticed by Chinese doctors early on meant the disease could have hit 1,000 or more people in Wuhan that December, he said.
An Australian virus expert who recently travelled to China to investigate the coronavirus pandemic is convinced it originated there.
NSW Health infectious diseases expert Professor Dominic Dwyer was part of the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) 14-strong virus investigation team which visited Wuhan for two weeks to study the outbreak’s source.
According to Yuan Hongbing, a Chinese academic and vocal critic of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) living in Australia, the WHO investigation in Wuhan was akin to “a farce staged by the Chinese regime.”
“We could have predicted that this so-called investigation would come to this,” he said in an interview.
As a team of experts at the WHO wrapped up its trip on Feb. 9, Peter Ben Embarek, a Danish scientist who led the WHO mission, dismissed the theory that the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus may have leaked from a virology lab as “extremely unlikely.” Bats, he said, remained a likely source.
Officials withhold personalized information on patients that could help determine pandemic’s origins
BEIJING—Chinese authorities refused to provide World Health Organization investigators with raw, personalized data on early Covid-19 cases that could help them determine how and when the coronavirus first began to spread in China, according to WHO investigators who described heated exchanges over the lack of detail.
The Chinese authorities turned down requests to provide such data on 174 cases of Covid-19 that they have identified from the early phase of the outbreak in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019. The investigators are part of a WHO team that this week completed a monthlong mission in China aimed at determining the origins of the pandemic.
AIPEI (Taiwan News) — A geneticist investigating the origins of the Wuhan coronavirus pandemic has debunked China’s claims that the outbreak may have started with frozen food.
After carrying out an investigation into the origins of the COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan over the course of a month, two weeks of which was spent in quarantine, the World Health Organization (WHO) echoed findings by China’s National Health Commission. The only definitive conclusion of the study was that the virus’ origin remains unknown and more research is needed.
The WHO posited that there are four possible explanations for the start of the pandemic: a direct jump from animal to human, introduction through an intermediate host, transmission through frozen food, and a lab-related accident. Although high-risk gain of function experiments with bat coronavirus chimeras were being carried out on humanized mice at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) in 2019, the possibility of a lab leak was listed as “extremely unlikely” and will not be subject to further study.
BEIJING—About 90 people were hospitalized with Covid-19-like symptoms in central China in the two months before the disease was first identified in Wuhan in late 2019, according to World Health Organization investigators, who said they pressed Beijing to allow further testing to determine whether the new virus was spreading earlier than previously known.
Chinese authorities performed antibody tests on about two-thirds of those patients in the past few months, according to the investigators, and said they found no trace of infection by the virus. But members of the WHO team probing the pandemic’s origins said any antibodies could have subsided to undetectable levels during the delay.
Suihua City of Heilongjiang Province is currently one of the six areas designated in China as “high-risk” for pandemic control. Heilongjiang is a northeastern province bordering Russia, and as China battles a resurgence of the CCP virus this winter, the people living there are being hit particularly hard.
Chinese internet celebrities famous for ‘eating broadcasts’ (mukbang) are feeling the heat from authorities. That, as the country responds to the leader’s order on reducing food waste.
4 virus experts in China were awarded with national honors, including the military officer who took over the Wuhan P4 lab, and an expert who denied human-to-human transmission in the early stage of the outbreak.
A Chinese netizen described the situation of Chinese people living within the firewall with a video. And other netizens discovered new insights from the scenes.
Chinese economists warn that Beijing needs to get prepared for the financial decoupling between China and the U.S.
Hong Kong’s police credit union is moving assets to Chinese banks, citing worries over U.S. sanctions.
A Chinese woman surnamed Xu has filed a lawsuit against the municipal government of Wuhan, saying its mishandling of the CCP virus outbreak led to her father’s death. But a city court recently rejected her case without providing an explanation.
“It was the negligence of the government that directly led to the death of my father,” said Xu, a Wuhan resident, in a phone interview with the Chinese-language Epoch Times on July 29. Xu filed a complaint with a local court on July 20.
She elaborated that if the municipal government had accurately informed the public about the outbreak at that time, she and other locals would have taken measures to protect themselves.
Xu is seeking compensation of 1.8 million yuan (about $258,000) from the municipal government for her financial loss, mental trauma, and her father’s medical expenses.
The coronavirus may not have originated at a Wuhan wet market last year but 1,000 miles away in 2012 — deep in a Chinese mineshaft where workers came down with a mysterious, pneumonia-like illness after being exposed to bats.
Virologist Jonathan Latham and molecular biologist Allison Wilson, both of the non-profit Bioscience Resource Project in Ithaca, arrived at their finding after translating a 66-page master’s thesis from the Chinese medical doctor who treated the miners and sent their tissue samples to the Wuhan Institute of Virology for testing.
“The evidence it contains has led us to reconsider everything we thought we knew about the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic,” Latham and Wilson wrote in an article published July 15 on their website, “Independent Science News.”
Latham told The Post that the coronavirus “almost certainly escaped” from the Wuhan lab.
In April 2012, six miners in the Mojiang mine in southwestern China’s Yunnan province fell ill after spending more than 14 days removing bat feces. Three eventually died.
In his thesis, the physician Li Xu, who treated the miners, describes how the patients had a high fever, a dry cough, sore limbs and, in some cases, headaches — all symptoms now associated with COVID-19, said Latham and Wilson.
How the miners were treated — for example, with ventilation and a variety of drugs including steroids, blood thinners and antibiotics — also resembles how COVID-19 patients are being treated worldwide, they said.
LEARN WHY the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has lied, is lying, and will continue to lie to protect its regime, and how it has been attempting to deceive, infiltrate, and dominate the world. Originating in China, the coronavirus got out of control because the CCP hid it and lied about it. Can something worse happen?
Maybe. What if it is not a pandemic that may eventually pass but a fatal threat to our security, freedom, and way of life? After the disastrous Cultural Revolution, the Chinese Communist Party, or CCP, pretended to reform itself so it could attract foreign investment. Now, it is done pretending. It’s critical the world understands the regime’s agenda, tactics, and how to deal with it or we risk being caught underfoot by the imminent dangers it presents. The coronavirus outbreak is the latest wakeup call. With its growing clout the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has bared its claws. From its military expansion abroad to its control of more UN organizations; from its infiltration and coercion of international businesses, universities, news media, movie studios, and governments, to its public assaults on organizations and individuals who dare to criticize it, the CCP is attacking the vital organs of the free world like a political incarnation of the deadly coronavirus.